Thursday 7 April 2016

Scrap Thursday Part 32

This weeks layout has been made for the Dare to Create challenge set by Andy Skinner and Tracy Weinzapfel. The idea is to use techniques and styles of both Andy and Tracy in one piece of art.
I used one of my photographs from Brisbane at Christmas for this layout.
I used DecoArt Americana diluted with water to use as a wash.
I started with a white wash over printed scrapbook paper.
I then used a baby wipe to dab off excessive paint. 
I built the colour up gradually.
Once dry I distressed the edges of the paper.
Using my finger I added the final colour of paint on the edges.
Once dry I wove the paper and glued it in place on a piece of Bazzill.
 
Using watercolour pencils and a water brush I added a rusty effect to the edges.
I used a mask from The Crafter's Workshop to add some tiny arrows.
I made a green heart using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics, Crackle Glaze and Antiquing Cream. This is similar to the one in the Brisbane logo.
To add a bit more of a Christmas feel I used two Christmas stamps by PaperArtsy and a little bit of sparkle on the cats hat.
I edged the card using Distress Ink pads and a water brush. Around the edges of the weaving I added a title and date.

No comments:

Post a Comment