Fancy Pants ‘What a Wonderful Day’ #1947 paper, corrugated card, ribbon, Flair button and Alphas #1935, Crafters Workshop stencil TCW385s, black Ikea Mirror, Claudine Hellmuth Gesso and Studio Matt Medium, Prima Leaves, Dutch Doobadoo soft honeycomb board, DecoArt Americana Paint DA171 Driftwood and DA062 Terra Cotta, PaperArtsy Fresco Paint Nougat, Copic multi liner 0.3 in sepia, white cotton, heart button and hemp from stash.
Paint brush, Cut and Dry, scissors, paper trimmer, needle, pencil.
1. Apply a thin layer of Gesso (allow the black of the frame to show underneath) onto the mirror frame and leave to dry.
2. Make the ribbon flower by first pleating the ribbon sewing each pleat and then shaping into a circle and sewing securely. Glue the Flair button onto the middle using Matt Medium, set aside to dry.
3. Using Cut and Dry sponge the Driftwood paint thinly onto the frame so that the gesso can still be slightly seen underneath, set aside to dry.
4. Cut out the balloons and flags/bunting from the Sensational paper.
5. Using the Strips paper, cut and shape the top part of the sheet (clouds and bunting) leaving the wording to rest at the bottom of the frame. Using Matt Medium stick it in place.
6. Trim the corrugated card to the size of the frame and cut out the mirror area. Place over the frame and mark the cloud line using a pencil .Tear the cloud line.
7. Using Cut and Dry sponge on the Fresco Nougat paint to the corrugated card leave some areas unsponged then set aside to dry.
8. Cut the soft honeycomb to shape and dab Driftwood and Terra Cotta paint on it and leave to dry.
9. Using Matt Medium stick the corrugated card in place at the top of the frame. Position the balloons and bunting and glue in place. Press the corrugated card flat in various places to give dimension using your finger.
10. Stencil randomly with Driftwood paint onto the frame, leave to dry.
11. Add the hemp to the bunting line, stick on the honeycomb, flower, leaves and heart button.
12. Add the word Love using the alpha stickers and add faux stitching using the multi liner.
13. Using some Cut and Dry and Terra Cotta paint sponge the edges of the frame to finish off.
To create this double layout above follow the steps below, I have added some photographs to help you on your way.
Fancy Pants card stock #1921 'This Way', #1931 'What a Wonderful Day Strips', #1930 'Terrific', Fancy Pants #1933 Sticker Fundamentals, Fancy Pants #1944 Mingled Brads, Gelatos in Silver and Aqua Dolce, smooth white Bazzill, Studio 490 Pocket Watch by Wendy Vecchi, Ranger Matt Medium, Ranger Silver Dabber, Craft Tag, POSCA fine journal pen, Thickers Alphas, Ranger Ideaology Word Key, Sprocket Gears, Swivel Clasps, Alpha Cards, Industrial Stickers, KI Lace Card #2978 'Tulips Surreal', Amy Tangerine #35689 Carmine Collage sheet, Stix2 double sided tape and sticky pads.
Stipple Brush, scissors, paper trimmer, Doobadoo 'Metall 2' mask, Big Shot, Sizzix Gears Die, paint brush, cutting mat.
I started with 4 photographs and decided to make a double layout that matches but isn't a complete mirror image.
Using Gelatos and a mask I dry stippled a background on two sheets of smooth white Bazzill.With the 'This Way' card I cut out a circle cut it in half to make two semi circles and using Matt Medium stuck it down onto the Bazzill.
I cut out 2 strips from the Fancy Pants 'What a Wonderful Day Strips' card and stuck it down onto the Bazzill covering the straight edges of the semi circles.
I mounted the three largest photographs onto 'Terrific' allowing a 5mm border to show all away around each photo. Two of these were then positioned in place on one piece of the Bazzill and the lace card and shaped bracket (which I cut out from an off cut of card) were also added. I added detail on the bracket to define its edge. I then took the Ideaology alpha cards, cut them in half and used them to make the word 'TOM' securing in place with double sided tape.
I finished this page by adding a craft tag embellished by sprockets, tore an off cut of card stock and fixed it in place with a brad, added sticker bunting to the edge of the lower photograph and doodled around the edge of the page mimicking the printed border strips.
On the other piece of Bazzill I positioned the photograph and using similar techniques added the lace card, a bracket, some torn card stock and secured a word key with a brad.
The Pocket Watch embellishment was painted silver and once dry the small photograph was added. A swivel clasp was added to finish it off.
Using a Big Shot and Sizzix die I cut out gears, edged with silver paint and put in place. I used sticky pads to give a raised effect before adding the pocket watch on top.
Finally I added a tag.