Thursday 13 August 2015

13th August Scrap Thursday Part 11


This is the eleventh scrapbook page for my new weekly post Scrap Thursday. I will try and bring new ideas and techniques and revisit old favourites too. If you have any suggestions or requests just let me know and I will do my best to accommodate these.  
I usually work in a 12" x 12" format as this allows me more space to experiment and get arty!
This week I dug out an old photograph of a very old friend! Leanne introduced my husband and I to each other back in April 1989 and the rest as they say is history!
The layout is 12" x 12". I started by covering a piece of card stock with torn pages from an old book.
Using Grunge Paste and a Dutch DooBadoo mask, I added texture to the middle part of the card.
I diluted Luminarte Silks and brushed over the Grunge Paste.
Building up the colour.
 I added silver Gilding Flakes and Stampendous Frantage randomly together.
I added Dylusion sprays to the mix.
I used Tim Holtz Sizzix Dies and coloured the cut outs using Silks and a Smoothie (which is an egg shaped sponge for blending)
Prima flowers and resist canvas pieces were coloured with Dylusion sprays.
Petaloo flowers were coloured with a mix of Dylusions sprays and Luminarte Silks and layered up. After all this I attached it all to the background using a strong glue.
At the moment the fashion is to use very pronounced embellishments and flowers which if you are putting the layout into a box frame is great and works well, however if you are putting your layouts into an album these pronounced items can cause problems. Layouts can get squashed and if metal is used photographs can be dented. 

The photograph above shows how what I do with flowers that are deep. I basically cut a hole into the card, add glue to the edge of the hole and push though the bottom of the flower. Once the glue is dry I cut off the excess from the back using a craft knife. This is no way affects the way the flowers look but does help other layouts in the album.
I am really pleased with end result and I hope Leanne will be too!

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! I love the step by step and final result. Thank you for sharing :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete