Thursday 2 July 2015

2nd July Scrap Thursday Part 6

This is the sixth scrapbook page for my new weekly post Scrap Thursday. I will try and bring new ideas and techniques and revisit old favourites too. If you have any suggestions or requests just let me know and I will do my best to accommodate these. 

As I posted a layout yesterday I thought I would mention journaling today (at this point I hear my friend Rachel Haines take a deep breath and sigh as she knows I believe some kind of journaling should be added to each page!) The two things people say to me when I mention this is 'I don't like my handwriting' and 'I don't know what to say'. 

I love hand written info on layouts, I think it personalises your page and in years to come this will be special for later generations to see. I only have one piece of handwriting of my Dads and I wish I had more, I make a point of keeping cards of family and close friends so that I have that little part of them for myself.
There are all sorts of things you can buy to journal on but I like to make my own, this is great as you can match up to your page exactly.
I thought I would show you some simple journal tags/cards and blocks to get you started.
 Use ready made tags and dies to add interest. 
Paperartsy have a great range of good quality manila tags.
 Use ink pads, paint, pens and pencils to colour your tags.
Add a stamped image but remember to leave space to write!
Dig out die cuts and alter to give you space 
to write names and dates.
There are no rules for colours, sizes and shapes. 
Work with what you have, these are great for 
using up odds and ends.
 A simple solution to handwriting issues.
 There are many ideas to choose from, 
I have just shown you one or two ideas.
I hope you have found this helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment