Thursday 25 June 2015

25th June Scrap Thursday Part 5

This is the fifth scrapbook page for my new weekly post Scrap Thursday.

I usually work in a 12" x 12" format as this allows me more space to experiment and get arty!

This week I am working on quick simple layouts using patterned papers and embellishments.

I am in the middle of making a baby gift scrapbook for a little boy. This means that I don't know the size of the photographs or the setting so each layout needs to be suitable for most circumstances.

Materials used include printed papers by Creative Creations, Heidi Swapp and textured coloured Bazzill. Assorted buttons, ribbon and embellishments.

 An assortment of journal cards are extremely useful.
 Use printed papers to add to plain card stock.
Don't be afraid to cut your paper and card, 
it is not just for smelling and stroking!
I added faux stitching to the journal card 
to make it match the printed paper.
 Add a few buttons.
I added areas for the photos to sit again 
adding faux stitching to help it blend in.

 Finished! All ready for photographs.
 Mix and match card.
 Add ribbon
 Use a doily to add a touch of glam!
A journal card is a must when giving a 'blank' scrapbook.

These layouts are fun to make and perfect if time is short.


No comments:

Post a Comment