Thursday 18 June 2015

18th June Scrap Thursday Part 4

This is the forth scrapbook page for my new weekly post Scrap Thursday. I will try and bring new ideas and techniques and revisit old favourites too. If you have any suggestions or requests just let me know and I will do my best to accommodate these. 
My aim is to list the products I have used with links to retailers (preferably independent stores) and if I find any bargains I will let you know!  
I usually work in a 12" x 12" format as this allows me more space to experiment and get arty!

Materials used for this layout are: smooth white Bazzill, stencils/masks, Distress Inks, Dylusions stamps, Totally Tracy Stamps, Octopode digi images, paint, Washi Tape, WOW, journal pens, Copic markers, pages from an old book.

This week I have used the new colour Distress Inks by Ranger. Ranger are releasing one new colour each month and I have used the first 5 in the layout above.
 I used some white paper as a mask.
I used masks and stencils (Artistic Stamper, Dina Wakley and Dutch Doobadoo) overlapping to create the background.
 Using a craft knife I cut along the shape of the green wave.
 This allowed the bottom of the photograph to be hidden.
Using a journal pen I added some borders between each wave of colour. I used Dylusions stamps, WOW and Copic markers.
I stamped the Totally Tracy flower stamps onto an old book page to mimic the style of the Dylusions stamps.
Using paint and ink pads I added circles and lines criss crossing and overlapping each other. 
 I used digi images from The Octopode Factory
 Added some doodling
 Used Washi Tape for the bird to 'stand' on
And added a digi word image.
I am so very pleased with the result, its full of life and vibrancy as my niece (the photo above!) is.

1 comment: