Monday 11 May 2015

Sketches in Thyme - May

Time for another scrapbook challenge!
Full details can be found HERE
This months prize is a gift voucher from
I did a double page layout for this month using the sketch for both pages as inspiration.
This is my take on the above sketch. 
I made two stamps out of blue foam to depict rock art, these images were then stamped onto some Bazzill that had been stamped with a background stamp.
 I used PaperArtsy Fresco paint.
 I used an Idea-ology decorative embellishment to add a title.
 I added some jornaling to the photos, I prefer to hand write my titles or info as it gives a more personal touch.
 Finished layouts.
 I am really pleased with the results.

Below are the steps I took to make the first layout.
Ranger Distress Ink Pads are perfect through a stencil. This stencil is by PaperArtsy. I used this design as it reminded me of rock and rock art.
I inked around the edges with Tea Dye DI pad.
I found this stamp 'trust the magic' by Finnabair and thought the message perfect as Uluru is a very spiritual place.

No comments:

Post a Comment