Saturday 11 April 2015

Sketches in Thyme - April


I am delighted to say I have been asked to joined the Sketches in Thyme Design Team. Sketches in Thyme (SiT) is an online Blogging community designated to scrapbooking with sketches. 

Each month there will be 4 challenges for you to dip in and out of as you wish, there are some great prizes on offer too. This week prize is a gift card from Michaels
This months sketch is below along with my take on it.
I turned the sketch around for my layout.
I decided to do some sewing on this layout. I used a Jofy stamp on the top edge and then used back stitch.
 I started by making holes with my needle, I worked strand at a time.
 I used two lengths of embroidery thread at a time.
 I added gems and pearls to add a little sparkle.
I wanted to carry on the sewing theme so decided to sew my title. I started by finding a font I liked on Google. 
 I wrote out my title to get a feel for size and style.
 Although it would be great if all the sewing was perfect I quite like the hand sewn look which includes slight imperfections!
 I used pencil lines as a guide
 I did some more sewing around my papers too and I made a fabric flower.
 I finished off with two tags with journaling.
I hope you like my take on the sketch, so now its over to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment