Full challenge details can be found Here
Last summer my friends daughter got married in Skiathos. We were lucky enough to go to the wedding which was truly amazing. The ceremony was on the beach literally feet away from the sea. My husband took the photograph of the rings on the heart shape stone which he just happened to find.
2 sheets smooth white 12 x 12 Bazzill, Faber Castell Gelatos (Bubble Gum, Butter Cream, Snow Cone, Raspberry, Red Cherry, Watermelon, Lavender), White ribbon, American Crafts Thickers chipboard letters #53018, Crafty Notions Fusible film and Angelina hair, black Stazon, Ranger Distress Ink Markers (Tumbled Glass & Dusty Concord), Dylusions stamp set ‘Inbetweenies DYR 34575, PaperArtsy stamp set Eclectica 3 EDY02, double sided tape from Stix2, a sheet of photocopier paper.
Water brush, damp cloth, iron, nail file, scissors, paper trimmer, acrylic block.
1. Apply Gelatos randomly to the Dylusions string of hearts stamp and using a water brush wet the stamp slightly and stamp onto white Bazzill. Repeat to get desired look.
2. Using the water brush paint over the stamped images to fill in the images and give a watercolour effect, once dry tear card to give rough edges and stick onto second sheet of white Bazzill.
3. Using a nail file sand the Thickers letters leaving some of the original colour to show. Rub the letters with Gelatos of different colours and smooth over with a finger to give a watercolour effect. Stick in place on the layout. It is essential to work cleanly and have a damp cloth on hand when working with Gelatos especially if working with white card
4. Crop the photographs to size using a paper trimmer and mount onto white Bazzill, tear around the edges. Using the Gelato residue on the heart string stamp and the water brush, colour the torn edges around the mounted photographs.
5. Stick one of photographs in place on the layout and with the other stick one edge down to create a flap for hidden journaling. Cover the hinge on the flap with a piece of ribbon and make a tiny matching bow and stick in place. Add an additional piece of Bazzill to the back of the flap to make it ridged.
6. Using a piece of Bazzill slightly smaller than the flap and the Distress Markers add journaling and a border and stick in place under the flap.
7. Lastly take three pieces of fusible film and layer with Angelina hair and fuse together using a warm iron. To prevent the film sticking to the iron place a piece of a paper over the top layer of film before ironing. Repeat using a different colour of Angelina hair.
8. Stamp two hearts from the PaperArtsy stamp onto the fused film using Stazon. Cut out and stick in place on the layout.