Thursday 24 March 2016

Scrap Thursday Part 30 & International Scrapbook Day

Clare Charvill from My Creative Spirit and Cathy Chapdelaine are running an International scrapbooking party during the month of March, this week is the last opportunity to enter. 
They have supplied a double page sketch this time, but you are only required to make one page, however, I thought I would have a go with both.

Materials used:
Graphic 45 'Forever Mine' from Mon Armour, 'Holiday Magic' from Nutcracker Sweet, 'World's Fair', 'Wonder Works' and 'Balloon Boutique' from World's Fair Collection.
Dylusions 'Christmas Borders' stamps
Stampers Anonymous 'City Scapes' and 'Warehouse District' stamps
Ranger Distress Ink pads Stormy Sky, Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough and Lucky Clover
Bazzill plain card stock.
Buttons, ribbon and journal pens from stash.

The theme this week is 'Cities', so I dug through my photos and found some of Brisbane, begging to be scrapped. 
When I went to Brisbane on this visit it was Christmas time and so very different to here in the UK. Santa wearing sunglasses and choirs singing traditional songs in tee shirts and shorts, it felt very odd!
Anyway I decided to use part Christmas paper and part something to fit with Brisbane and or the weather. When I looked at the 'World's Fair' collection by Graphic 45 I had a bit of a brain wave (this is not something that happens often), I dug out my Australia Album from my first visit and found my entrance ticket to Expo '88 (or World Fair as they are also called) which was held in Brisbane from 30th April to 30th October 1988. The Brisbane section had a huge sculpture of the word Brisbane very similar to the photo below (the one below is a current sculpture), I think the similarity is what got my mind working! 
So with all this in mind I decided I need look no further as the collection was perfect.
Due to all the colour in the photographs, ticket and papers I decided to use a white background which I'm still not sure about to be honest, I thought using something coloured might take away from everything that I wanted to use. Maybe it will grow on me with time lol.
I thought I would show you how I work when using a sketch. I print out the sketch which makes it much easier to annotate, add a list of materials used etc. I don't keep these they just go into recycling (by the end they are covered in scribble!) 
I added my ticket and some facts about Expo '88 for interest.
I loved the idea of stamping holly and using it next to the display showing Santa wearing sunglasses and a sun hat.
I added some tiny buttons as I felt there needed to be a little extra feature. I hope you find some inspiration in my layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment