Thursday 1 October 2015

1st October Scrap Thursday Part 18

This is the eighteenth scrapbook page for my new weekly post Scrap Thursday. I will try and bring new ideas and techniques and revisit old favourites too. If you have any suggestions or requests just let me know and I will do my best to accommodate these.  
I usually work in a 12" x 12" format as this allows me more space to experiment and get arty!
This week I have been playing with my Gelatos again. The layout above shows my son in the cockpit of an Airbus A321, his first job as a Commercial Airline Pilot (Very Proud Mummy badge being worn here!)
To start with I covered a 12 x 12 piece of smooth white Bazzill with Gesso.
Then I randomly added stripes of Gelatos, I am using three contrasting colours plus white for this layout.
Using a baby wipe, gently smooth over each line of colour.
I always do my vertical lines first and then my horizontal.
I have found that I use a lot of white so have bought the Double Scoop size Gelato, its well worth the investment.
The white softens and slightly mutes the strong colours.
I added texture with Grunge Paste from PaperArtsy.
I used a Dylusion mask.
To make my own border I used a Fude Ball pen and a Big Brush pen.
I used my border with Washi Tape and a die cut.
I found this fabulous 'Pilot' die cut at Stamparama and couldn't resist it!
My title hides a journal flap so that I can add more personal details without everyone seeing.
As well as the Destiny Idea-ology tag being appropriate to the layout it also helped weigh down the flap. The tag was rubbed over with Treasure Gold.
Tim Holtz has got some great rub ons which I have added randomly to odd spaces.
For privacy I have covered my sons face, this is something I do with children and anyone else who might not want their face featured on the internet, Sadly some unauthorised people will 'lift' images and use as their own, so to try and protect mine this is what I tend to do.
Hope you like the finished result.

No comments:

Post a Comment