Thursday 4 June 2015

7th June Scrap Thursday Part 2

This is the second scrapbook page for my new weekly post Scrap Thursday. I will try and bring new ideas and techniques and revisit old favourites too. If you have any suggestions or requests just let me know and I will do my best to accommodate these. 
My aim is to list the products I have used with links to retailers (preferably independent stores) and if I find any bargains I will let you know!  
I usually work in a 12" x 12" format as this allows me more space to experiment and get arty!
This layout features the beautiful Flick my adopted daughter.
This is the first layout I have used with the new Dylusions Paints on. They have a great consistency and work beautifully with a brayer.
I used three colours together (matching the dress Flick is wearing) and randomly covered the card.
I felt the result was too dark so added some more white using a palette knife.
I used black Gesso to add circles and texture.
Unlike with my art journaling I found I needed to use larger items to stamp circles and spots with, the smaller ones just didn't look quite right.
I also used white Gesso.
I used a plastic card similar to a credit card to apply straight lines.
There is no set way to add the affect below, I added circle, spots and lines randomly.
I used this fabulous stamp and added a steampunk heart embellishment.
I added an Idea-ology crown charm and a small journal plate with name and date to finish off.
Hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment