Thursday 11 June 2015

11th June Scrap Thursday Part 3

This is the third scrapbook page for my new weekly post Scrap Thursday. I will try and bring new ideas and techniques and revisit old favourites too. If you have any suggestions or requests just let me know and I will do my best to accommodate these. 
My aim is to list the products I have used with links to retailers (preferably independent stores) and if I find any bargains I will let you know!  
I usually work in a 12" x 12" format as this allows me more space to experiment and get arty!
This is one of my most favourite scrapbook layouts. To create this I used the following: Faber Castelle Gelatos, Faber Castelle Big Brush Pens, Stamps by Paper Artsy, smooth white Bazzill.

I made the background by crayoning on the Gelatos and using a baby wipe I blended the colours together. Images that I wanted in the background I then stamped directly onto the card and used a pale colour to stamp them with.
You can see above that the red flower has been stamped directly onto the background but stronger colours have been used so that they stand out a bit more than than the muted images of the background ones. The orange flower has been stamped and cut out of additional card and added as this is at the foreground of the layout. This effect can also be seen in the image below.
Adding something simple like the chain on the bird house gives a bit of dimension to your layout.
Never be afraid to experiment and use bold colours where you might not expect them (Neil the snail is a good example)
I loved making this layout and hope that you take some inspiration from it too.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the bright colours and JOFY stamps in this layout. Have tried and failed to recreate it but am definitely going to try again :) x

    ReplyDelete