Thursday 21 May 2015

Pocket Full of Posies

I was asked if I would like to make an inspirational piece of work for this month for the Indigoblu Blog Challenge and of course I said Yes!

The theme is 'A Pocket Full of Posies' and full details can be found HERE

Below is a pictorial guide to my project which is a 'lamp'
 So I started with the naked products above.
 I painted the bodice pale blue so that when I added the decoupage paper it wasn't dulled from the original colour, I would recommend doing something like this even if it is Gesso just to help the colours pop.
 I drew around the sides of the 'shade'
 Using a Stormy Sky Distress Ink pad I coloured the card.
 I used Weathered Wood to stamp the clouds
and I used black Versafine to stamp the border (Poppy Meadow is another stamp that would be good for this) 
 Once I had glued the pieces in place I inked the edges using Stormy Sky.
 I added a plain square for the top.
 This is the first time I had used these decoupage papers and I found them to work really well, they have a coating on them that keeps them strong while still keeping them flexible unlike some other papers I have used.
 I had these sweet flower bead on stems in my stash and used them to make a 'necklace'
 A very quick and simple addition.
 To make the apron I used some green fabric from my stash and using a Mowed Lawn ink pad I stamped on the Anenome design.
 I added a pocket with a flower shaped button and some lace to finish it off.
 I used double sided tape to secure it around the waist and at each corner of the hem.
Using a tube I found from rummaging through my stash I glued the shade and base together.
I have thoroughly enjoyed making this piece and hope you are inspired to have a go yourself!


1 comment:

  1. This is a really clever idea, so creative and fun. It really looks like you enjoyed doing it. Clever Lady x

    ReplyDelete