Saturday 28 February 2015

Home of Music


This month at ATP the monthly challenge is all about letters.
Below is a pictorial guide to my entry.

 The finished result above was made using the step below.
 Four Naked letters
I took a used box that my phone charger lead came in.
 I used the Mermaid and Haystack Fresco paint 
(the Guacamole photo bombed)
I covered the box with Tissue Wrap using Studio Matt Medium as an adhesive.
I painted the letters with Mermaid Fresco and then stamped the music script (below) on the top surface. I used a black Adirondack ink pad to stamp the script and used Black Soot Distress Ink (DI) pad to edge the letters.

 After covering the box with tissue wrap I diluted some of the Haystack Fresco and gave a light covering across the whole box. I then used Vintage Photo DI through a stencil by Lin Brown.
On some card I stamped a keyboard and added other details. I used a Kaiser Craft record image, some rub ons by Tim Holtz and added a title.
I finished off the outside of the box using Vintage Photo DI pad.
 For the inside of the box I painted the it using Haystack Fresco. I then stamped onto some card the 'Dictionary of Musical Terms' stamp and edged the card in Vintage Photo.
 I took a piece of wood effect card and stamped the musical score randomly across it before gluing it into place on the base of the box.
The 4 letters fit perfectly.
I hope you like this simple way of covering a very boring box and making it useful again.




3 comments:

  1. I do like your whole project, fab colours and the music paper over your alphas looks very kewl :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done with that phone charger lead box Helen! So good to make something that can be used too. I love the letters with their stamping and black edging. I am a great fan of pictorial instructions like these! Thanks so much for joining us at ATP Exchange. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful makeover, I liked your new box, Rumtruffle

    ReplyDelete