Sunday 1 February 2015

February Challenge - The Craft Garden

Below is a step by step pictorial guide of how I made the above layout. I made this for very good friends of mine after their first visit to Paris. I am really pleased with the overall result.
 I used Faber Castell Gelatos for the background.
 A good coverage is needed.
 Choose three colours that tone.
 This page has to be as a mirror image, do one page completely first.
 Using a baby wipe, blend each colour individually, make sure the colours do not bleed into one another.
 Gelatos are a messy medium, make sure you have plenty of wipes to hand!
Now choose the blending colours.
Don't be afraid to be bold, colours will be soften using a wipe.
 Now make a mirror image of the first page.
 This is a little time consuming but well worth the effort to get the finished result.
 Start building the background using stamps and stencils.
I used Big Brush Pens to colour in.
 I used a white POSCA pen to add highlights.
Add embellishments relative to the theme of your layout. I used embellishments by 7 GypsiesDutch DoobadooIdea-ology and Prima
Crop and mount photographs and stick in place, I do this after I have added the embellishments to make sure I keep the photos clean, if you are a tidy scrapbooker feel free to add first!
I simply had to add the crowns and how lucky was I that they fit perfectly!

If I have forgotten anything then please email me and I will do my best to answer your questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment