Monday 24 February 2014

A Different Challenge

I undertook a different challenge whilst at a local beading club. All members were given the same kit of beads, ribbon and findings all together in an organza bag.
The challenge as a group was to make a piece of jewellery and we would then look and see how different or similar each piece was. The range was quite amazing and no two pieces were similar.
As beading is something I 'play' at I found it difficult to focus on jewellery in the traditional sense. So I decided to join two crafts together and painted a mannequin body white and made a petticoat from blue spotty Washi tape. I then made a bracelet (thus completing the jewellery bit!) as a skirt and used the organza bag for a bikini style top, I finished this off with a necklace made from ribbon and a flower charm and put the felt flower at the top of the mannequin.

No comments:

Post a Comment