Wednesday 22 January 2014

Aladdin Sane Canvas

This is a 10" x 12" canvas featuring the David Bowie image of Aladdin Sane

To achieve the above affect I started by hand writing DB quotes onto the canvas using a POSCA pen. I used DecoArt Americana paint to cover the canvas and partly cover the quotes.

Using printable canvas I printed out the DB image twice and cut them out. One cutout I stuck onto the canvas and painted over it in a similar way to the rest of the background, depth was added by stamping and stenciling on the top.

I then added the second cutout but this time filling in the details of the lightening bolt and facial features. 

I mixed Gelatos with Grunge Paste to give dimension to the hair and using a photograph replicated the hair adding additional colour where required.

Finally I added a bit more stenciling over the body of the second image.

No comments:

Post a Comment