Monday 18 February 2013

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

This black shoe was given to me by my niece (she was throwing the pair away as one was broken) so I said "Ooooooo I'm sure I could do something with this one" At the time I wasn't sure what I was going to do and it sat on my craft desk until the Eureka! moment.
I first gave it a coat of Gesso and then cut up some kitchen paper,stuck it on with Mod Podge and left it to dry overnight.
Using Eco-Friendly paint I gave the shoe two coats and left it to dry thoroughly.
I decorated around the shoe using some stunning ribbon I bought from Crafting Time and added a 'designer label inside where I wrote my greeting.
This was a quick project to do and the recipent was very pleased indeed.

5 comments:

  1. How cool is that! I'm sure the recipient loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea and you used a discard so its recycled art, too.
    Love it, I'd never think of that but now that you've shown me, who knows?
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful transformation. Hope you niece didn't want it back again!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea. I am going to try using some of the silk roses I make like this. Thanks for visiting shoogliecrafts.blogspot.com, Gill

    ReplyDelete